Cambridge On-Line Learning Support
~ An initiative of The Academy Hout Bay ~
Complete support, any time, any where.
The Academy offers a unique online, blended Learning environment to provide Distance Learning Support to all our students. We finally have the appropriate technology to deliver effective teaching and learning online. The Academy has developed a unique blend of sound traditional teaching methodologies with the latest Virtual Learning Environments and Learning Management Systems. This way our students can access their lessons online, with engaging content tailored to the various syllabus requirements, where ever they are. This also allows our students to keep up with work missed through absence, review topics they found challenging and even move ahead to topics of particular interest.
Parents can use this system to monitor and support their childrens progress.
- Blended learning: Video, audio, images and text are combined to reach all learning styles.
- Content: Carefully selected and moderated to cover all syllabus requirements
- Assessments: Adapted from GCSEs and A Level Examination past papers
- Feedback: Immediate, summative feedback on quizzes and personalised, formative feedback on written assignments
- Progress reports and identification of areas of weakness
- LIVE tutorial support for specific needs
New Parent Role now available in COLLS
As of today, each parent/guardian has been associated with their child’s account, so that they can login as a parent to view and support their child in their educational journey.
How to login
website: Moodle Login Page
username: name.surname (eg: john.smith) or email (the email that received this communication)
password: password (must be changed upon first login)
For our visually inclined Parents, please follow these steps;
Change your password to proceed.
Once logged in, look at the top-right corner of the page for PARENTS and click on your child’s name below that.
This presents a page with links to view their courses, activity, grades, deadlines etc.
Please ensure that you can view your child’s progress in COLLS.
FYI: To update your password, after the initial login, click on the drop-down menu and select Preferences > Change Password.